Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by david hbase <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/21 23:50:21 UTC

[Q] Cartridge for RHEL or Centos

Try deploy tomcat cartridge with RHEL 6.5, the init script from:
https://github.com/apache/stratos/tree/master/tools/init-scripts

Run ./config.sh andgot the following errors:

Error: Could not find command 'apt-get'
Error: /Stage[main]/Stratos_base/Exec[base-update-apt]/returns: change from
notrun to 0 failed: Could not find command 'apt-get'

Looks like the Python cartridge is designed for ubuntu only? not sure,
Please confirm

Thanks
-D

Re: [Q] Cartridge for RHEL or Centos

Posted by David Hbase <da...@gmail.com>.
Compatibility with RHEL 6.5 deployments:

1. Modify the Stratos_base/manifests/init.pp base-update-apt to yum update
2. Installation the setup tools: setuptools-7.0
3. verify the pip version as 7.0.x
4. Install the python-devel-2.6.6, GitPython, python-psutil, paho-mqtt,
cryptography, pexpect and yapsy

Currently It's working stable with WSO2IS, WSO2USE, WSO2BAM, WSO2BAM,
WSO2IS and Tomcat.

I am deploying these updates with Docker Images Layers now, will have
another update next week.

If anyone experience difficult with RHEL, we can try to fix it.

Thanks
David

Posted by david hbase <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Dev.

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.
Hi Raj,

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Hi Mari,

Posted by david hbase <da...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I will summarize the updates. Thanks
-D

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi David,

Sorry for the delayed reply, as I couldn't get online sooner. Great work in
getting the Puppet modules to work on RHEL! I guess we'd have to include a
conditional statement in the Puppet manifest to install different packages
based on the OS. I've opened a JIRA [1] for this as we can include this as
future improvement.

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-1427

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by david hbase <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by david hbase <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by david hbase <da...@gmail.com>.
[...]

Error: Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y list python-dev' returned 1:

Posted by david hbase <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Chamila

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by david hbase <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Dev

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

Posted by david hbase <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Dev

The issue is not from init.sh and config.sh. It's from CA package.

Please help, Thanks
-D

[root@abc-42 bin]# puppet agent --test
Info: Retrieving pluginfacts
Info: Retrieving plugin
Info: Loading facts
Info: Caching catalog for abc002-42.cisco.com
Info: Applying configuration version '1432162809'
[...]
Notice: /Stage[main]/Stratos_base/Package[tar]: Dependency
Exec[base-update-apt] has failures: true
Warning: /Stage[main]/Stratos_base/Package[tar]: Skipping because of failed
dependencies
Notice: /Stage[main]/Stratos_base/Package[unzip]: Dependency
Exec[base-update-apt] has failures: true
Warning: /Stage[main]/Stratos_base/Package[unzip]: Skipping because of
failed dependencies
Notice: Installed package: tar
Notice:
/Stage[main]/Stratos_base/Stratos_base::Printpackages[tar]/Notify[tar]/message:
defined 'message' as 'Installed package: tar'
Error: /Package[python-pip]: Provider apt is not functional on this host
Error: /Package[python-dev]: Provider apt is not functional on this host
Error: /Package[gcc]: Provider apt is not functional on this host
Notice:
/Stage[main]/Python_agent/Python_agent::Initialize[cartridge-agent]/Exec[pip
installs-paho]: Dependency Package[python-dev] has failures: true
Notice:
/Stage[main]/Python_agent/Python_agent::Initialize[cartridge-agent]/Exec[pip
installs-paho]: Dependency Exec[base-update-apt] has failures: true
Notice:
/Stage[main]/Python_agent/Python_agent::Initialize[cartridge-agent]/Exec[pip
installs-paho]: Dependency Package[python-pip] has failures: true
Notice:
/Stage[main]/Python_agent/Python_agent::Initialize[cartridge-agent]/Exec[pip
installs-paho]: Dependency Package[gcc] has failures: true
Warning:
/Stage[main]/Python_agent/Python_agent::Initialize[cartridge-agent]/Exec[pip
installs-paho]: Skipping because of failed dependencies
Notice:
/Stage[main]/Python_agent/Python_agent::Initialize[cartridge-agent]/Exec[pip
installs-GitPython==0.3.1-beta2]: Dependency Package[python-dev] has
failures: true
Notice:
/Stage[main]/Python_agent/Python_agent::Initialize[cartridge-agent]/Exec[pip
installs-GitPython==0.3.1-beta2]: Dependency Exec[base-update-apt] has
failures: true
Notice:
/Stage[main]/Python_agent/Python_agent::Initialize[cartridge-agent]/Exec[pip
installs-GitPython==0.3.1-beta2]: Dependency Package[gcc] has failures: true
Notice:
/Stage[main]/Python_agent/Python_agent::Initialize[cartridge-agent]/Exec[pip
installs-GitPython==0.3.1-beta2]: Dependency Package[python-pip] has
failures: true
Warning:
/Stage[main]/Python_agent/Python_agent::Initialize[cartridge-agent]/Exec[pip
installs-GitPython==0.3.1-beta2]: Skipping because of failed dependencies
Notice:
/Stage[main]/Python_agent/Python_agent::Initialize[cartridge-agent]/Exec[pip
installs-psutil]: Dependency Package[python-dev] has failures: true
Notice:
/Stage[main]/Python_agent/Python_agent::Initialize[cartridge-agent]/Exec[pip
installs-psutil]: Dependency Exec[base-update-apt] has failures: true
Notice:
/Stage[main]/Python_agent/Python_agent::Initialize[cartridge-agent]/Exec[pip
installs-psutil]: Dependency Package[python-pip] has failures: true
Notice:
/Stage[main]/Python_agent/Python_agent::Initialize[cartridge-agent]/Exec[pip
installs-psutil]: Dependency Package[gcc] has failures: true
Warning:
/Stage[main]/Python_agent/Python_agent::Initialize[cartridge-agent]/Exec[pip
installs-psutil]: Skipping because of failed dependencies
Notice:
/Stage[main]/Python_agent/Python_agent::Initialize[cartridge-agent]/Exec[pip
installs-gittle]: Dependency Package[python-dev] has failures: true
Notice:
/Stage[main]/Python_agent/Python_agent::Initialize[cartridge-agent]/Exec[pip
installs-gittle]: Dependency Exec[base-update-apt] has failures: true
Notice:
/Stage[main]/Python_agent/Python_agent::Initialize[cartridge-agent]/Exec[pip
installs-gittle]: Dependency Package[gcc] has failures: true

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.

--

Udara Liyanage