Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by 吴昊 <wu...@7500.com.cn> on 2016/02/18 08:46:50 UTC

[users@httpd] TraceEnable off directive not work

Hello,

I Just experienced a weird behavior of TraceEnable directive.

Before use this directive, i use mod_rewtire to disable trace and other unwanted HTTP method. Since this directive been added, TRACE method start getting 200 return.
Ive tried both jmeter and telnet, the results are same, protection was gone.

Im running apache 2.2.27 on a Linux box, I add both TraceEnable directive along with Rewrite directives together, thought it would be “more proper way to dong this” and a double protection

related configs in http.conf as follows:

TraceEnable off
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^(TRACE|TRACK|PUT|DELETE)
RewriteRule .* - [R=405,L]

and results as follows:

TRACE / HTTP/1.1
HOST:www.domain.com.cn

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 07:36:35 GMT
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=739A627F3C3DE5933230BE579D7D1693; Secure; HttpOnly
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

in access_log, can clearly see
[18/Feb/2016:15:36:29 +0800] "TRACE / HTTP/1.1" 200 10219 www.domain.com.cn

after I removed this directive, just leave Rewrite directives, redirect are normal.

TRACE / HTTP/1.1
HOST:www.domain.com.cn

HTTP/1.1 405 TRACE method is not allowed
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 07:39:40 GMT
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

In access_log
[18/Feb/2016:15:39:32 +0800] "TRACE / HTTP/1.1" 405 - www.domain.com.cn

I think this could indicates that "TraceEnable off" is bugged/not working.

Any thoughts? please advise.
Thank you

Cheers

Chris

Re: [users@httpd] TraceEnable off directive not work

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
Sorry, brain cramp there. Tomcat. I see.

I wonder if you've had an opportunity to try this on 2.4 httpd. 2.2.27 is
from nearly 3 years ago.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.