Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by ender <gd...@hotmail.com> on 2007/05/25 11:39:17 UTC

A Question on Binding Components and message formats

Hello,

For a project we're working on, I might need to add XML-RPC connectivity to
ServiceMix.
However, it would probably be used together with different underlying
transport protocols
(like HTTP or JMS). Unfortunatly, it's not entirely clear to me what would
be the best way
to implement this.
Do JBI or ServiceMix make a distinction between transport mechanism and
message
format used, or would I have to program this myself (e.g. by creating
generic jms
and http binding components that can have arbitrary marshallers - in this
case xml-rpc)?

Greetings,
Stein

Re: A Question on Binding Components and message formats

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
L.S.,

A possible solution could be to write a servicemix-lwcontainer message POJO,
which receives the XML message, performs the XML-RPC call and returns the
result message.  You can then combine it with the servicemix-http and/or
servicemix-jms components to provide the transport layer for you.  You would
actually be able to 'expose' your bean that 'talks' XML-RPC using both
protocols without any additional effort.

The other solution would be to create your own service engine or binding
component (a bit unsure which one...).

Regards,

Gert