Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Allison, Bob" <ro...@qwest.com> on 2006/09/17 01:45:29 UTC

GWT Toolkit Plugin

I was starting to use the GWT plugin in the Mojo sandbox, and find that
it doesn't work the way I expected.  I have been rewriting it to work
the way I expect it, and am wondering if I am doing something strange.

My expectation of the plugin is to be part of a build for a WAR.  The
toolkit is used to compile the user interface of the application into
JavaScript which is then included in the WAR as it is assembled.

It looks like the plugin was written with the expectation of the
GWT-derived stuff being in a separate project from the WAR (or whatever
is using the pages).

I was wondering if anyone else is using the plugin and how they are
arranging their projects to use it.

Re: GWT Toolkit Plugin

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@codehaus.org>.
Hi Bob,

> I was starting to use the GWT plugin in the Mojo sandbox, and find that
> it doesn't work the way I expected.  I have been rewriting it to work
> the way I expect it, and am wondering if I am doing something strange.
>
> My expectation of the plugin is to be part of a build for a WAR.  The
> toolkit is used to compile the user interface of the application into
> JavaScript which is then included in the WAR as it is assembled.
>
> It looks like the plugin was written with the expectation of the
> GWT-derived stuff being in a separate project from the WAR (or whatever
> is using the pages).
>
> I was wondering if anyone else is using the plugin and how they are
> arranging their projects to use it.

I'm the one who originally created the plugin, mostly to check out
what I can do with GWT.  I've only used it to try out the sample hello
world app in the GWT download, so I haven't actually used it in a
real-life application.

We might want to continue this discussion in the mojo-dev list.

Best regards,
-- Shinobu

--
Shinobu Kawai <sh...@codehaus.org>