Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org> on 2017/12/01 06:06:09 UTC

Re: Kudu 1.6.x branching Tue eve, RC1 on Thu

Hi folks,
I'm delaying 1.6.0-RC1 for at least one day after we discovered a couple
issues during testing.

The issues in question were introduced during the 1.6.0 development cycle
and are being tracked as KUDU-2229
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KUDU-2229> and KUDU-2230
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KUDU-2230>. Alexey and I are
currently working on fixes for both. I'll either start the vote on RC1
tomorrow after the fixes are in or I'll send out another mail with the
latest news on the RC.

Thanks for your patience,
Mike