Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Filip Łęczycki <fi...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/15 14:22:44 UTC

Flink - Avro - AvroTypeInfo issue - Index out of bounds exception

Hi

I have an issue while running the following line while usig flink v 0.8.1 (:
    val asdf = new AvroTypeInfo[AlignmentRecord](classOf[AlignmentRecord])

Alignment record belongs to the package :
org.bdgenomics.formats.avro.AlignmentRecord
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.bdgenomics.bdg-formats/bdg-formats/0.4.0

While trying to run I am receivng following exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
at
org.apache.flink.api.java.typeutils.PojoTypeInfo.getPojoFieldAt(PojoTypeInfo.java:178)
at
org.apache.flink.api.java.typeutils.AvroTypeInfo.generateFieldsFromAvroSchema(AvroTypeInfo.java:52)
at
org.apache.flink.api.java.typeutils.AvroTypeInfo.<init>(AvroTypeInfo.java:38)
at flinkTest.FlinkBAMReader$.main(FlinkBAMReader.scala:74)

While debugging I have noticed that the generated AvroTypeInfo class has a
fields array with 42 elements, while the totalFIelds property has value 52
(please find screenshot attached) which seems to be the cause of the
exception. Could you please help me o determine what may be the issue with
the parser? Is this some bug in AvroTypeInfo class or the AlignmentRecord
class is somehow corrupted?

Best Regards/Pozdrawiam,
Filip Łęczycki

Re: Flink - Avro - AvroTypeInfo issue - Index out of bounds exception

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
I've just pushed a fix to my "release-0.8" branch.
If you want, you can build the version with the fix yourself:

git clone https://github.com/rmetzger/flink.git
cd flink
git checkout release-0.8
mvn clean install -DskipTests

Once that has finished, you can set the version in your pom.xml to
"0.8-SNAPSHOT" and the issues should be resolved.

I'll merge the fix to the official "release-0.8" branch at Apache once the
integration tests succeeded.

Robert

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi Filip,