Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by to...@ids.net on 2002/01/22 21:53:41 UTC

startup problem

Hello all:

Is this old hat?  I can't find it in the FAQ, the bugs db or the list
archive.  I'm on a Solaris 2.6 machine, and Apache compiles and
installs without errors.  When I go to start it up, I get this:

~/src> /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 205 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so into server: ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so: symbol ap_os_is_path_absolute: referenced symbol not found
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
~/src> gcc --version
2.8.1
~/src> ld --version
GNU ld 2.11.2

Line 205 of the httpd.conf file is the first mention of external
modules.  If I comment it out, the error happens on line 206, and so
on.  I feel like the clues are all there, but I'm not up to
assimilating them.

Here's the configuration:

./configure --datadir=/export/home/http/data \
            <directory assignments snipped> \
            --with-perl=/usr/local/bin/perl \
            --enable-module=most \
            --enable-shared=max

Can anyone help me?  Many thanks in advance.

-tom sgouros