Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Anders Kåre Olsen <ak...@mail.dk> on 2013/11/25 21:14:52 UTC

New to Solr - Need advice on clustering

Hi Solr-users

I’m trying to setup Solr for search and indexing on the project I’m working on.

My project is a e-commerce B2B solution. We are planning on setting up 2 frontend servers for the website, and I was planning on installing Solr on these servers. We are using Windows Server 2012 for the frontend servers.

We are not expecting a huge load on the servers, so we expect these 2 servers to be adequate to handle both the website and search index.

I have been looking at SolrCloud and ZooKeeper. Howver I have read that you need at least 3 ZooKeepers in an ensamble, and I only have 2 servers.

I need to handle the situation where one of the servers crashes, so I need both servers to have a Solr index.

Do you have any advise on the best setup for my situation?

Thank you for your help.

Regards
Anders Olsen

Re: New to Solr - Need advice on clustering

Posted by Sameer Maggon <ma...@gmail.com>.
Anders,

Take a look at Solr Replication. Essentially, you'll treat one as a master
& one as a slave. Both master & slave can be used to serve traffic. If one
of them goes down, the other can be used as a master for the interim.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication

Sameer.
--
http://measuredsearch.com