Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/12 13:53:39 UTC

Server Shutdown and memory

Hi guys,

we are currently having troubles with some Unit Tests (using the slow
form of unit tests). Running more than 150 tests leads to a OOM
exception after 120 or 130 tests. I _think_ that everytime the server is
shutdown, we are not cleaning the registries (or something which is big).

This is problematic not only for unit tests (who is writting unit etss
anyway ;), but also for embedded ADS if the server is shutdown and
restarted often (I was thinking of a webapp embeding ADS, for instance).

Any clue ?

PS: if you run the server-unit tests within eclipse, you will get this
eror pretty fast too...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Server Shutdown and memory

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hmmm yeah the schema registries do get large.   Perhaps the old ones
> are not being cleaned up.  I guess we need to look at the references
> hanging around out there.  I will try to reproduce this problem.
It's pretty easy to reproduce : run all the server-unit tests in eclipse.

I will give you an hand on that, using YourKit memory analyser. May be
as soon as tomorrow...

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Hmmm yeah the schema registries do get large.   Perhaps the old ones are not
being cleaned up.  I guess we need to look at the references hanging around
out there.  I will try to reproduce this problem.

Thanks,
Alex