Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/05 11:34:47 UTC

[DISCUSS] ASF Board Draft Report - April 2021

Here is the attached draft of our board report for this month. Please let
me know if you'd like to see something changed or added.

Apache TinkerPop is a graph computing framework for both graph databases
(OLTP) and graph analytic systems (OLAP).

## Activity:
TinkerPop released 3.4.10 in the middle of January to address an important
issue with a default configuration with our Python driver that was causing
connection problems. There were a few other smaller changes in that release,
but the release was mostly driven by the need in Python. As mentioned in
the January report, we've been focusing on firming up 3.5.0 for release,
which would be the first major release in the last couple of years. We still
continue to describe it as a "heavy maintenance release", and we expect it
to release toward the end of this month.

We have completed the IP Clearance process for gremlint[1] and have brought
the code into our repository. We continue to work out the administrative
logistics related to the web site, wiring up the primary TinkerPop build to
gremlint, artifact generation, etc. and will see gremlint a part of the
3.5.0 release. On a related note, our January report mentioned the
contribution of an ANTLR grammar for Gremlin. This contribution has also
been completed in time for 3.5.0.

With the addition of gremlint, we have made its author, Øyvind Sæbø our
newest committer.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Releases:
- 3.4.10 (January 18, 2021)

## PMC/Committer:
- Last PMC addition was Jorge Bay-Gondra - October 2018
- Last committer addition was Øyvind Sæbø - March 2021

## Links
[1] https://gremlint.com/

Re: [DISCUSS] ASF Board Draft Report - April 2021

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.
The report for April has been posted.