Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Luca Merolla <lu...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/02 01:24:27 UTC

Bound local EJBs inside web application

Hi,

I have a web application that is using Zkoss framework and the MVVM pattern.
Basically the ViewModel classes (which are pojos)  needs to call some EJBs
which are inside the same EAR folder.
In JBoss 7.1 I have configured the application in this way and it's working

In web.xml I have all the ejbs declared in this way:
 <ejb-local-ref>
    <ejb-ref-name>accountBean</ejb-ref-name>
    <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
    <local-home>org.test.common.bean.local.AccountBeanLocal</local-home>
    <local>org.test.common.bean.local.AccountBeanLocal</local>
  </ejb-local-ref>

And in the ViewModel classes I use the @WireVariable annotation (from ZK
framework) by simply matching the name and the EJB is bounded

@WireVariable private AccountBeanLocal accountBean;

With the latest TomEE snapshot the EJB is not bounded. I believe
ejb-local-ref are ignored or simply it does not work in the same way as
JBoss.
Do you have any advice or alternative solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Luca

Re: Bound local EJBs inside web application

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
you can give it a try ;)

about the lookup, cdiutil is not a jee component so it will fail if the
call of cdiutil is not done in a jee component (etc ;)), that's why i said
i don't know if it is done in a jee component (servlet, listener...). I
know zk uses its own thread and in this case it can fail.

*Romain Manni-Bucau*
*Twitter: @rmannibucau*
*Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com*

Posted by Luca Merolla <lu...@gmail.com>.
The full stack trace exception that I get is this:

org.zkoss.xel.XelException: Cannot locate the BeanManager for JavaEE 6.
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
org.zkoss.lang.Classes.newInstance(Classes.java:73)
org.zkoss.lang.Exceptions.wrap(Exceptions.java:203)
org.zkoss.xel.XelException$Aide.wrap(XelException.java:47)
org.zkoss.zkplus.cdi.CDIUtil.getBeanManager(CDIUtil.java:56)
org.zkoss.zkplus.cdi.DelegatingVariableResolver.<init>(DelegatingVariableResolver.java:42)
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.select.Selectors.newVariableResolvers(Selectors.java:269)
org.zkoss.bind.BindComposer.doBeforeComposeChildren(BindComposer.java:146)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.doBeforeComposeChildren(UiEngineImpl.java:874)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.execCreateChild0(UiEngineImpl.java:813)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.execCreateChild(UiEngineImpl.java:770)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.execCreate0(UiEngineImpl.java:679)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.execCreate(UiEngineImpl.java:643)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.execCreateChild0(UiEngineImpl.java:816)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.execCreateChild(UiEngineImpl.java:770)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.execCreate0(UiEngineImpl.java:679)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.execCreate(UiEngineImpl.java:643)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.execCreateChild0(UiEngineImpl.java:816)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.execCreateChild(UiEngineImpl.java:770)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.execCreate0(UiEngineImpl.java:679)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.execCreateChild(UiEngineImpl.java:741)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.execCreate0(UiEngineImpl.java:701)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.execCreate(UiEngineImpl.java:643)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.execNewPage0(UiEngineImpl.java:394)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.execNewPage(UiEngineImpl.java:316)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.http.DHtmlLayoutServlet.process(DHtmlLayoutServlet.java:215)
org.zkoss.zk.ui.http.DHtmlLayoutServlet.doGet(DHtmlLayoutServlet.java:135)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)

Posted by Luca Merolla <lu...@gmail.com>.
Isn't the lookup here?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luca Merolla <lu...@gmail.com>.