Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Cedric dumoulin <ce...@lifl.fr> on 2001/02/07 15:28:30 UTC

Re: new template tag framework

  Sorry for this late answer, I was far away from a computer for near three weeks
(somewhere in the tropics ...).

  Sure, I do not object to integrate part or whole of Components proposal, and I am
open to any discussion to improve it.

 I have designed Components to be able to build pages by assembling "independent"
and "reusable" pieces of jsp code. Later I have unified Components syntax with
David's Template in order to not provide another tool, and because David’s Template
has already been adopted. Now, components can be seen as an extended template
proposal. It is an additional taglib that you can use if you need provided features.

  It uses some Struts utilities, but doesn't rely on Struts. The provided servlet
extends the Struts one, in order to be able to "catch" include calls from Struts,
and reroute them if needed. Provided servlet could be simplified if Struts servlet
provide such a hook. May be one day ... It is the only intrusion in Struts.

  Cedric