Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Mohammed Farouk <hi...@yahoo.com> on 2009/08/09 11:00:59 UTC

FOP Arabic Support

Hello

I'm using fop version 0.95, and I'm facing a "common" problem which is the arabic support in fop; when writing Arabic characters, it has been rendered as # characters,

Can anybody help me with this issue ?

thanks a lot

Regards,
Mohammed

Re: FOP Arabic Support

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On 09 Aug 2009, at 15:46, Geert Bormans wrote:

Hi Mohammed, Geert,

Just FYI: even when using the correct font, note that FOP currently
still has some rather severe issues with right-to-left scripts. Even
when specifying the correct writing-mode, FOP will render the
characters 'mirrored', and with Arabic, there is also a lack of
support for inner-word ligatures/glyph-merging...

Just mentioning this, so there are no surprises...

Regards,

Andreas Delmelle
mailto:andreas.delmelle.AT.telenet.be
jabber: mandreas@jabber.org
skype: adlm0608

---

Re: FOP Arabic Support

Posted by Mohammed Farouk <hi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Geert,

Thanks a lot for your reply, but I have tried your suggested solution, and it didn't work with me, Maybe I have missed some points, if you can specify the solution in more detail, I will be very grateful to you

thanks a lot

Regards,
Mohammed

Posted by Geert Bormans <ge...@gbormans.telenet.be>.