Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Olga Luganska <tr...@hotmail.com> on 2018/10/08 02:52:36 UTC

Using several Kerberos keytabs in standalone cluster

Hello,

According to the documentation, the security setup is shared by all the jobs on the same cluster, and if users need to use a different keytab,
it is easily achievable in Yarn cluster setup by starting a new cluster with a different flink-conf.yaml
Is it possible to setup a standalone cluster in such a way that each user can run his respective jobs with his own keytab?

Thank you very much,
Olga

Re: Using several Kerberos keytabs in standalone cluster

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi Olga,

I think right now this is not possible because we piggybag on the YARN shipment functionality for shipping the Keytab along with the TaskManagers.

I think changing this would require somewhat bigger changes because loading the Keytab happens when the TaskManagers are brought up.

Best,
Aljoscha