Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Michael Marshall <mm...@apache.org> on 2022/02/09 18:15:48 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Pulsar 2.8.3

Hello Pulsar Community,

We have had several important fixes since we released 2.8.2 a month
ago. I propose we start the process to release 2.8.3, and I volunteer
to be the release manager.

Here [0] you can find the list of 90 commits to branch-2.8 since the
2.8.2 release. There are 14 closed PRs targeting 2.8.3 that have not
yet been cherry-picked [1]. I will start reviewing and cherry-picking
these.

There are 16 open PRs labeled with `release/2.8.3` [1]. I'll follow up
on each of those PRs to see if they will be completed soon or will
need to be pushed to 2.8.4.

Thanks,
Michael

[0] - https://github.com/apache/pulsar/compare/v2.8.2...branch-2.8
[1] - https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pulls?q=is%3Apr+label%3Arelease%2F2.8.3+-label%3Acherry-picked%2Fbranch-2.8+is%3Aopen

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Pulsar 2.8.3

Posted by PengHui Li <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi Micheal

Here is the context https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/14288
it fixed a breaking change in branch-2.8. Without this fix we will introduce
breaking change in 2.8.3

Thanks,
Penghui

Posted by Michael Marshall <mm...@apache.org>.