Posted to dev@spot.apache.org by Tadd Wood <ta...@apache.org> on 2020/07/27 06:35:05 UTC

Reorganize Apache Links on Spot Asf-site

After reviewing how the Whimsy report website crawler script works it
appears that it's only looking in the homepage for the various Apache
links.  PR-158 was good step forward, but the Whimsy report website crawler
isn’t finding the links we’ve displayed.  We should discuss possibly moving
the links up into their own tab inside the Navbar, which should take care
of this problem since this code is present on the index.html pages.  This
is how several other projects have also organized their Apache links as
well (Livy for example).  Thoughts?

Thank you,
Tadd Wood

Re: Reorganize Apache Links on Spot Asf-site

Posted by Jeremy Nelson <je...@digitalminion.com>.
So I looked into this, and the example that I had based my work on
(Apache Livy) had their link to the ASF's main site in their copyright
link, and NOT in their drop-down menu bar. So I will have to go
through and add a link to the ASF's main site in our copyright as
well.

As a matter of course, our copyright notice is wrong, it says
"Copyright Apache Spot" but there is no such entity as Apache Spot,
there is only Apache.  So I will change that to be in lawful
conformance with the other projects as well.  The owner of our
project's code is Apache, we should be clear and correct about that.

Jeremy

Posted by Tadd Wood <ta...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeremy Nelson <je...@digitalminion.com>.
Greetings again!