Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Vivek Kumar <vi...@indiqus.com.INVALID> on 2021/05/22 18:52:23 UTC

Showing 1G card instead of 10G

Hello Guys,

I am using ACS 4.13 with KVM and VMware. I recently came to know that my Window’s boxes are showing 1G NIC speed even I have 10G on the backend physical host. In VMware I have figured out that it was because of E1000 network adaptor, the moment I change to VMXnet 3 it started showing me 10G speed under the OS.

But how do we resolve in case of KVM.  It’s showing me 1G instead of 10G inside the instance. Can someone help me out If we need to install something or taken care on KVM.

Regards
Vivek Kumar

Re: Showing 1G card instead of 10G

Posted by Vivek Kumar <vi...@indiqus.com.INVALID>.
Hello Wido,

Yeah it got resolved, so by default KVM VM were picking E1000 adaptor and because of this, VMs were showing 1G speed. So I have changed VM setting and add parameters - nicAdaptor -> virtio - And after that it has started showing me 10G.

Regards
Vivek Kumar

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.