Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ian Abbott <ia...@cinesite.co.uk> on 2000/05/17 11:24:44 UTC

Re: [Re: Cocoon.xml freezes the Win2000 box]

Paul Russell wrote:

> This is almost certainly a problem with your configuration.
> The wakeup interval for the cache cleanup thread is measured
> in *milliseconds* not *seconds*. Edit your properties file
> and change the interval from '10' to '10000' and all should
> be well.

In which case - if this is the correct case - someone better update CVS.
The cocoon.properties file still reads:-

# Indicates the sleeping time for the background thread (in seconds)
#store.interval = 10

(taken from src/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon.properties in
xml-cocoon_20000517041826.tar.gz)

That says seconds, not milliseconds...

Ian

--
ian abbott: www programmer/designer, cinesite visual effects eur

Re: [Re: Cocoon.xml freezes the Win2000 box]

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Ian Abbott wrote:

> Paul Russell wrote:
> >
> > This is almost certainly a problem with your configuration.
> > The wakeup interval for the cache cleanup thread is measured
> > in *milliseconds* not *seconds*. Edit your properties file
> > and change the interval from '10' to '10000' and all should
> > be well.
> >

> In which case - if this is the correct case - someone better update CVS.
> The cocoon.properties file still reads:-
>
> # Indicates the sleeping time for the background thread (in seconds)
> #store.interval = 10
>
> (taken from src/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon.properties in
> xml-cocoon_20000517041826.tar.gz)
>
> That says seconds, not milliseconds...

I just patched the code so that time is expressed in seconds (you don't
need that much time granularity anyway). So the cocoon.properties is
correct.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: [Re: Cocoon.xml freezes the Win2000 box]

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 10:24:44AM +0100, Ian Abbott wrote:
> In which case - if this is the correct case - someone better update CVS.
> The cocoon.properties file still reads:-
>
> # Indicates the sleeping time for the background thread (in seconds)
> #store.interval = 10

Indeed. I *believe* this'll get fixed for the next release (and there
are rumblings about this being 'real soon'). I can't fix it from here,
so it'll have to wait until the timezones shift and Donald, Ricardo,
Pier or Stefano get up ;)

--
Paul Russell                               <pa...@luminas.co.uk>
Luminas Ltd.