Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Pannell <st...@zooplus.com> on 2005/04/20 10:38:48 UTC

war deployment problem

Hi,

Sometimes when I update the war file on my tomcat 5.5.7 application, tomcat
attempts to deploy the application before it has finished being transferred
to the server resulting in the follow error.  Can I do anything about this??

ERROR ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig - Error deployin
g web application archive web.war
 java.lang.InternalError: jzentry == 0,
 jzfile = 7513064,
 total = 241,
 name = /www/webapps/web.war,
 i = 74,
 message = invalid LOC header (bad signature)
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile$3.nextElement(ZipFile.java:430)
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile$3.nextElement(ZipFile.java:416)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile$1.nextElement(JarFile.java:214)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile$1.nextElement(JarFile.java:213)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ExpandWar.expand(ExpandWar.java:139)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.fixDocBase(ContextConfig.java:793)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.init(ContextConfig.java:905)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:
255)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
t.java:119)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.init(StandardContext.java:5035)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3852)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:7
59)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:800)
        at      at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processC
hildren(ContainerBase.java:15

thx.
Steve.