Posted to user@ant.apache.org by qu...@usa.net on 2000/08/22 20:11:50 UTC

Still trying to deply EJB's

Ok, as Conor suggested, I've downloaded and installed last
night's Ant build on a WinNT 4 system. I am running Sun's
J2EE server and trying to replace the dep.bat script which
deploys EJB's to the server with an Ant 'deploy' target.

The Ant 'execon' built-in task is what appears to be the
way to do this in the current version. When adding this
to my build.xml file:
   <target name="dir" depends="tell" if="src.root">
      <execon executable="dir">
         <arg value="-l" />
         <fileset dir="${basedir}" />
      </execon>
   </target>

I do indeed get a directory listing. This works with or
without the nested 'arg' parameter. However Ant ignores
the command and does nothing if the 'os=windows' attribute
is added to the 'execon' task.

When the following target is added to the build.xml file:
   <target name="deploy" depends="tell" if="src.root">
      <execon executable="${j2ee.home}/bin/deploytool">
         <arg value="-listApps" />
         <arg value="${src.host}" />
         <fileset dir="${basedir}" />
      </execon>
   </target>

instead of getting a list of deployed EJBs, I get this:
build.xml:37: Execute failed: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess:
D:\j2sdkee1.2.
1/bin/deploytool -listApps dserver
D:\cvs\mindflow\src\com\mfasbo\node\build.xml
 error=2
java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: D:\j2sdkee1.2.1/bin/deploytool -listApps
dserver D:\cvs\mindflow\src\com\mfasbo\node\build.xml error=2
        at java.lang.Win32Process.create(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Win32Process.<init>(Win32Process.java:66)
        at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:551)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:477)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute.exec(Execute.java:240)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute.execute(Execute.java:218)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ExecuteOn.runExec(ExecuteOn.java:156)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ExecTask.execute(ExecTask.java:154)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:721)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:451)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:425)

More or less a similar exception as with the previous Ant 1.1
using the 'exec' task.

Is there another way to deploy EJBs? Am I using this
feature incorrectly? Or is this functionality just not
ready for use?

Thanks, Derek

quikdraw7@usa.net