Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by ALEKSEY KUZNETSOV <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/26 10:06:40 UTC

joining exchange

Hi, Igntrs!
When new node joins topology, it sends join TcpDiscoveryJoinRequestMessage
to arbitrary node N1.
If N1 is not coordinator, then it will resend to all nodes.

Why doesn't N1 send the message directly to coordinator ?
--

*Best Regards,*

*Kuznetsov Aleksey*

Re: joining exchange

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 1:06 PM, ALEKSEY KUZNETSOV <alkuznetsov.sb@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi, Igntrs!
> When new node joins topology, it sends join TcpDiscoveryJoinRequestMessage
> to arbitrary node N1.
> If N1 is not coordinator, then it will resend to all nodes.
>
> Why doesn't N1 send the message directly to coordinator ?

It think that the joining node sends its join-request message to the IP
address that was provided by the IP Finder, possibly in the configuration.

Re: joining exchange

Posted by Semyon Boikov <sb...@gridgain.com>.
To send message to coordinator we need establish new connection, it is
preferably to use existing connections. Actually we tested this approach,
and on large clusters (> 200 nodes) it did not give start time improvments.

Thanks