Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Javier padrón <jp...@nartexsoft.com> on 2007/11/08 11:21:47 UTC

How deploy Jetspeed 2 on existing Tomcat clustering?

Hi guys

Hello, I must install Jetspeed 2 in tomcat clustering, and I do not know exactly how to do it.
I must consider something in special?
Exists a guide or tutorial who helps me?

In Jetspeed features pages say
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
http://jetspeed-japan.sourceforge.jp/jetspeed-2-trans/en/features.html

Distributed Cluster Support

- Jetspeed Distributed Cluster - support for distributed deployments of the portal on multiple application server platforms
- Distributed Cache for portal components including preferences, registry and portlet entities.
- Distributed invalidation of portlet cache
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...but no say 'HOW'.

¿Somebody can say me which are the steps to deploy Jetspeed2 in existing tomcat clustering?

I have Tomcat 5.5.20 clustering on Linux SO, Java jdk 1.5.0_06, and Oracle DB.

Thanks in advance!

Access for view not permitted: SecurityConstraintsImpl.checkConstraints()

Posted by cherry coke <rs...@hotmail.com>.
I hava an other problem with Jetspeed. After implementing my own LoginModule I get this error:

2007-11-08 16:31:23,750 [http-9090-Processor24] ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.profiler.impl.ProfilerValveImpl - SecurityConstraintsImpl.checkConstraints(): Access for view not permitted.
java.lang.SecurityException: SecurityConstraintsImpl.checkConstraints(): Access for view not permitted.
    at org.apache.jetspeed.om.page.psml.SecurityConstraintsImpl.checkConstraints(SecurityConstraintsImpl.java:226)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.page.document.psml.AbstractNode.checkConstraints(AbstractNode.java:420)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.om.page.psml.AbstractBaseElement.checkConstraints(AbstractBaseElement.java:305)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.om.page.psml.AbstractBaseElement.checkAccess(AbstractBaseElement.java:500)

It works Ok when I enter an incorrect user / password. But after entering a correct user I get the error. I think that this is something about the roles I give the user.
Here is the code, where I think is the problem.

public boolean commit() throws LoginException {
            userPrincipal = new SamplePrincipal(username);
             if (!subject.getPrincipals().contains(userPrincipal))
                subject.getPrincipals().add(userPrincipal);

            RolePrincipalImpl rolex = new RolePrincipalImpl("portal-user");
            subject.getPrincipals().add(rolex);
}

Thanks.

Re: How deploy Jetspeed 2 on existing Tomcat clustering?

Posted by Dennis Dam <d....@hippo.nl>.
Just some searching on this mailinglist (nabble.com) :

http://www.nabble.com/Can-I-cluster-my-web-site-written-with-jetspeed-2--tf1888576.html#a5163548
http://www.nabble.com/Clustering-JSR-168-Portlet-Applications-in-Tomcat-tf1071553.html#a2788384

you might search some more on Nabble, there are much more hits.

By the way, did you put the <distributable/> tag in all web.xml files of
your portlet webapps ?

Dennis