Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Becky Moyer <ju...@hotmail.com> on 2001/07/20 22:20:10 UTC

Struts Bug? My Bug? Help!! Please!

   I've got a multibox/iterate combination form.  My webapp works when there
is something to submit.  When I check at least one value checked in my
multiboxes, I get the expected result.  When there is nothing checked in my
multiboxes, my form object is the same as it was before I changed the
checkboxes.  For example, I'll have 4 checkboxes displayed, representing 4
strings, String1, String2, String3, String4.  I will check String2, press
submit, and I receive the correct form in my ActionClass.  After updating
the form object and returning to my multibox page, if I uncheck String2 and
submit, the form I receive contains String2 as being checked.

My form contains 3 String arrays, one of which contains links, one contains
the string names, and the other contains the string names which are checked.

I have done as much testing as I can, gone through my code, and cannot find
a bug.  Is this a bug (or perhaps it is a "feature" ;-) ) of Struts?

If this isn't enough info, I can send code.  What is going on?

Thanks so much!
Becky

RE: Struts Bug? My Bug? Help!! Please!

Posted by Abraham Kang <ab...@infogain.com>.
Hi Becky,

   Did you override the reset () method of ActionForm?  If you didn't you
need to set the Attribute of your ActionForm object that represents the
multibox to null.

Like:

    public void reset(ActionMapping mapping, HttpServletRequest request) {

        this.action = "Create";
        this.autoConnect = false;
        this.yourMultiboxNames = null;

    }