Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Yong Guo <gu...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/07 16:41:19 UTC

How to get the read and write time of a hadoop job?

Hi,

For a hadoop job, I can get its execution time by record the job submission
timestamp and the job end timestamp. However, I would like to know the
breakdown of the execution time, such as the time spent actually on reading
the input files and on writing output files. How can I get the read and
write time?

Thanks,
Yong

Re: How to get the read and write time of a hadoop job?

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Every job has a job-history file which has a lot of stats. You can use 'rumen' to parse them. Rumen is included in every hadoop release.

hth,
Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: How to get the read and write time of a hadoop job?

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: How to get the read and write time of a hadoop job?

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: How to get the read and write time of a hadoop job?

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.