Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk> on 2009/04/17 10:10:52 UTC

Contrib bundles.

We (Sakai Kernel Development Team), are starting to create a number of
OSGi bundles and services as extensions to Sling. They are all A2
licensed (why would you choose anything else :)). Without wanting to
bloat the Sling code base unnecessarily, is there interest in code
contributions to Sling?, or at least co-ordination to avoid
duplication. (and stupid mistakes on our part)

Current development tree is on github at http://github.com/ieb/open-experiments/tree/master
, its only been going a few weeks. Most of the bundles of interest use
the scr plugin. Some of the Sling committers are lurking on our
mailing list but I thought it would be appropriate to mention it here
to show real interest on our part.

Ian

Re: Contrib bundles.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ian,

Ian Boston schrieb:
> Bertrand,
> I will get some time dedicated to better unit tests. I suspect initially
> the lower lever modules like the ones you have mentioned are going to be
> better targets as they have fewer external bindings. I will let you know
> when bundles stabilize, and have > 90% test coverage. Personally I would
> be interested in a role within Sling, but only based on relevant merit
> and an ability to dedicate time to make a appropriate and continued
> contribution.

Personally, I think, if you (or others) could commit to maintain the
contributions, they need not be perfect at the time of contribution ;-)

And "a role within Sling" is generally a natural consequence of
maintaining the contributed stuff ;-)

Regards
Felix

Re: Contrib bundles.

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
Bertrand,

Re: Contrib bundles.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Ian,

Re: Contrib bundles.

Posted by Carl Hall <ca...@gmail.com>.
Myself and my coworker work on Sakai and are also interested in
contributing to Sling where needed.  As things come up, we'll do our
best to submit patches and such.  As more of Sakai is ported to Sling,
I'm sure our contributions will increase.