Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2016/09/25 07:59:37 UTC

[VOTE][LAZY] Move Apache Commons EL to dormant

Hi,

I think it is time to move the Apache Commons EL component to dormant for
the following reasons:

- hasn't seen any activity for a long time.
- the 1.0 release dates back longer than 9 years ago.
- there haven't been any commits on trunk beside stuff like updating the
NOTICE file, upgrading to the latest Commons parent pom, etc.
- the JSP 2.0 spec is out dated and Apache Tomcat has a EL implementations
available for the latest specs.

For this reason I'd like to call a vote by lazy consensus for moving Apache
Commons EL to dormant. This vote will pass if nobody objects within the
next 72 hours, until 09/28/2016, 10:00 UTC+2.

Thank you,
Benedikt

[RESULT][VOTE][LAZY] Move Apache Commons EL to dormant

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> schrieb am So., 25. Sep. 2016 um
09:59 Uhr:

> Hi,
>
> I think it is time to move the Apache Commons EL component to dormant for
> the following reasons:
>
> - hasn't seen any activity for a long time.
> - the 1.0 release dates back longer than 9 years ago.
> - there haven't been any commits on trunk beside stuff like updating the
> NOTICE file, upgrading to the latest Commons parent pom, etc.
> - the JSP 2.0 spec is out dated and Apache Tomcat has a EL implementations
> available for the latest specs.
>
> For this reason I'd like to call a vote by lazy consensus for moving
> Apache Commons EL to dormant. This vote will pass if nobody objects within
> the next 72 hours, until 09/28/2016, 10:00 UTC+2.

More than 72 hours have pasted, with no objections. I will move Commons EL
to dormant this weekend. I will also update the site to point to Tomcat's
EL implementation as suggested by Matt Sicker.

Thank you,
Benedikt

Re: [VOTE][LAZY] Move Apache Commons EL to dormant

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

> On Sep 25, 2016, at 11:23 AM, Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We could add a link to Tomcat's EL library on the Commons EL page, too. I'm
> not sure if this always happens, but I think it would be a good idea if
> dormant projects link to successors or alternatives.

+1 on linking dormant projects to successors. Seems like a good analog to standard javadoc deprecation patterns.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>