Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Edouard Lagache <la...@canebas.org> on 2004/07/12 22:56:25 UTC

Error remains - (Re: Embperl errors in 'make test')

Dear Kee and Embperl community,

===================================
Kee Hinckley <na...@somewhere.com> wrote at Sat, 10 Jul 2004 14:02:32 -0400

>At 9:34 AM -0800 3/2/04, Edouard Lagache wrote:
>>Dear Embperl community,
>>
>>I've run into strange error messages coming from the testing phase of the
>>Perl modules I've created for my ecards solution Penguin Greetings.  The
>>two key errors are: (full text at bottom)
>>
>>[Tue Mar  2 09:04:24 2004] Cwd.pm: Subroutine DynaLoader::dl_error
>>redefined at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i686-linux-thread-multi/
>>Embperl.pm line 65.
>>t/Pgreet....ok 18/18[21350]ERR:  10:  Perl hash error, % does not exist
>
>Did you ever find out what was up with this?  I'm seeing this
>whenever I stop Apache (once per process that has run Embperl) and on
>top of that, apachectl restart is not working (segfaults).  Embperl
>2, Apache 1.3.
===================================

Unfortunately, this problem has never gone away.  I gave up on the test
which caused the 10: Perl hash error.  The error involving Cwd.pm is
still there even after upgrading to Perl 5.8.4 and Embperl 2.0b11.
Penguin Greetings isn't affected by it, so I just accepted the warnings
and got on with coding.

I don't have any problems with segfaults, but I'm using Apache 2.0.49
(and mod_perl 1.99_13.)

Sorry, no wisdom to offer from this corner of the Internet.

Peace, Edouard

Edouard Lagache
Lead Developer, Penguin Greetings
http://pgreet.sourceforge.net/