Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Riad Al-Shaalan <ri...@carpets.com> on 2004/09/01 08:48:24 UTC

Building Derby Using IDE

I'm using Eclipse to build derby and noticed that the jdbc 2 and 3 classes are in the same package. Is there any consideration in placing them in their own unique package (i.e. org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc2 and org.apache.derby.jdbc3)? I think it would make the build setup (in Eclipse) easier.

Re: Building Derby Using IDE

Posted by Riad Al-Shaalan <ri...@carpets.com>.
I agree that ant is important for the Derby build process, but Eclipse gives
me incremental building
and other time-saving benefits. I do not want to wait minutes for ant to
build Derby after changing only a few files.
If anyone wants to commit the changes made in their IDE they should test if
ant builds correctly first.

- Riad

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.