Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2015/11/09 06:22:44 UTC

Seen on FSF site;

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-recommendations.html

Under "Small programs..."

"Among the lax pushover licenses, Apache 2.0 is best; so if you are going
to use a lax pushover license, whatever the reason, we recommend using that
one."

;-)

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Re: Seen on FSF site;

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 9:22 PM, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-recommendations.html
>
> Under "Small programs..."
>
> "Among the lax pushover licenses, Apache 2.0 is best; so if you are going
> to use a lax pushover license, whatever the reason, we recommend using that
> one."
>
> ;-)

Indeed! Although, to be fair to FSF they were one of the first ones
to realize that AL-licensed software was becoming a de-facto
replacement for standards.

Thanks,
Roman.