Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ml...@planwerk6.de on 2008/02/08 14:38:41 UTC

pre load Webapp before deploying to tomcat

Hi,

i have a rather large webapp with spring and hibernate which takes some time
to startup (30 seconds)

when i redeploy this webapp the application is not available for 30 seconds
until everything is loaded.

I looked at "hot deployment" but this is only about not restarting tomcat, but
tomcat still does:
1. undeploy
2. deploy

so i still have 30 seconds of unavailability. (thats not what i call "hot"
deployment)

is it possible to "load" a webapp in a different Context and "move" it
afterwards to the running context?

Say i have my running webapp version 1 in context "/production". no i deploy
my new webapp version 2 in context "/upgrade" and everything gets initalized.
i even can check my new version running. after this i would like to just
move "/upgrade" to "/production"

Is it possible?

kind regards,
janning