Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Bob Nemeth <ne...@erlllc.com> on 2001/10/16 19:32:55 UTC

Using Xerces with Zlib

Has anyone tried using Zlib with Xerces to read/write compressed XML files?
I'm not entirely sure that it is even possible.

Any input would be appreciated.

thanks.

============================
Bob Nemeth
ERL, LLC
Software Development Manager
nemeth@erlllc.com
PH: (517) 487-1702
FX: (517) 487-2023

Re: Using Xerces with Zlib

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Bob Nemeth" <ne...@erlllc.com> writes:

> Has anyone tried using Zlib with Xerces to read/write compressed XML
> files?  I'm not entirely sure that it is even possible.

Hey Bob,

I have not, but I would be very interested in seeing it work. My guess
is you could just implement a subclass of InputSource called
CompressedInputSource (or something) and handle it that way?

jas.