Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by anyz <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/13 15:02:10 UTC

Jetspeed SSO with OS

Couold you please guide me towards some documentation/tutorial to set up SSO
the OS (e.g. with Windows/iSeries). For example user is already logged on to
OS and then access the Portal URL. In this case user should not be prompted
for login but should be given access to Portal site.

Provided the Jetspeed users database is in-sync with OS and all users in OS
also exists in Jetspeed.

Thanks

Re: Jetspeed SSO with OS

Posted by anyz <an...@gmail.com>.
Well, let me explain what exact we are looking is SSO and not authentication
from LDAP or AD.

A user logson to windows and opens the browser and hit Portal site (in J2)
URL. The portal recognizes him (SSO) and should be able to automatically set
session in J2 and allow user to access the Portal site.
For time being i'm looking for Windows but user platform can be anything.
Jetspeed supports  NTLM authentication using jCIFS but it has limitation to
work only with NTLMv1. For each user platform there should be separate
implementation as for windows it NTLM.

Am i missing something? What are your recommendations please?

Re: Jetspeed SSO with OS

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

Re: Jetspeed SSO with OS

Posted by Leo <le...@lbsconsulting.com.cn>.
Google  AD FS 2.0  for SSO implementation on windows servers. We have
implemented this for one of our clients.

Regards,
Leo.

--
Leonard Tchuta, PMP