Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Christoph Grotz <ch...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/27 15:46:20 UTC

What communication is happening between Kafka brokers?

Hi,

we are thinking about setting up a Kafka cluster. I understand that the
Kafka nodes need to communicate with the Zookeeper cluster in port 2181. Is
there communication between the broker nodes?

Thanks,
Christoph

Re: What communication is happening between Kafka brokers?

Posted by Todd S <to...@borked.ca>.
There will also be inter-broker replication traffic, and controller
communications (the controller runs on an elected broker in the
cluster).  If you're using security features in Kafka 0.9, you may see
additional auth traffic between brokers.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.