Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Cyrille GACHOT <cy...@cotranet.com> on 2004/07/19 14:02:23 UTC

JetspeedUser Interface

Hi dev,

I'd like to know what is the reason why there is no "setId(int id)"
method in the JetspeedUser interface in jetspeed-1.5, while there is a
getId() method.
Also, there is a setId(int id) method in the other security-related
interfaces : Group, Role, ...

Cyrille

Re: JetspeedUser Interface

Posted by Cyrille GACHOT <cy...@cotranet.com>.
Le lun 19/07/2004 à 19:15, Cyrille GACHOT a écrit :
> Le lun 19/07/2004 à 16:53, David Sean Taylor a écrit :
> > On Jul 19, 2004, at 5:02 AM, Cyrille GACHOT wrote:
> >
> > > Hi dev,
> > >
> > > I'd like to know what is the reason why there is no "setId(int id)"
> > > method in the JetspeedUser interface in jetspeed-1.5, while there is a
> > > getId() method.
> > > Also, there is a setId(int id) method in the other security-related
> > > interfaces : Group, Role, ...
> > >
> > Because its generated by the backend database (or by Torque) using
> > sequences or auto increment values
> > Its an immutable property
> >
> I had an intuition on it... But it is the same for Group, Role, and
> Permission, and they have a setId() method. Why not for users...
>
> My use case is that I have info on user comming from outside Jetspeed,
> and i create a new JetspeedUser, and set all its attributes. All works
> fine, except for Id wich is used to retrieve his group-role.
>
> I've done the same for Roles, and all works fine, since their is a
> setId() method.
>

> Would it be a big problem to have such a method?

I forgot to mention that BaseJetspeedUser, the standard implementation
uf the JetspeedUser interface has a setUserId(String id) method.
And the SecurityEntity interface of turbine (version 1.5 of this
interface) contains a setId(int id) method too. This interface is
extended by User ( another turbine interface) which is implemented by
the JetspeedUserInterface...
Of course, the actual interface SecurityEntity used in Jetspeed (version
1.1.1) doesn't contain such a method, otherwise, there would be no
question.

Jetspeed and OpenCMS

Posted by Oriol Carcelle Bayona <oc...@sbdconsultors.com>.
Hi,

 Does anybody know how to integrate Jetspeed with OpenCMS ?
 I need some help.
 Thanks in advanced.

Oriol Carcelle

Re: JetspeedUser Interface

Posted by Cyrille GACHOT <cy...@cotranet.com>.
Le lun 19/07/2004 à 17:34, David Sean Taylor a écrit :
> On Jul 19, 2004, at 10:15 AM, Cyrille GACHOT wrote:

> >> Because its generated by the backend database (or by Torque) using
> >> sequences or auto increment values
> >> Its an immutable property
> >>
> > I had an intuition on it... But it is the same for Group, Role, and
> > Permission, and they have a setId() method. Why not for users...
> >
> > My use case is that I have info on user comming from outside Jetspeed,
> > and i create a new JetspeedUser, and set all its attributes. All works
> > fine, except for Id wich is used to retrieve his group-role.
> >
> Why not cast it to your impl class?

I don't reimplemented the JetspeedUserInterface since I don't have any
need to do it, except for this case...
I use the BaseJetspeedUser class.

Re: JetspeedUser Interface

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.