Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Manuel Grau <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/22 23:47:30 UTC

using my own archtype

I have created my own archetype, to use with google app engine
projects. I have packaged it and installed to my local repository usin
mvn package install command.  I've navigated in my repo to test if the
jar is installed, and it is. But when I try to create a project using
my archetype I get a message that the artifact cannot be found. This
is the comman I executed:

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=com.google.gae.maven -
DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-gae-project -DgroupId=xxx.yyy.zzz -
DartifactId=my-gae-project

This is the error message:

Embedded error:
org.apache.maven.archetype.downloader.DownloadNotFoundException:
Requested download does not exist.
Unable to determine the release version

Any idea? thanks.

Re: using my own archtype

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.
Or specify the archetypCatalog as local[1]

Thus:

$ mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=local

Hth,

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/advanced-usage.html

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~