Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Pedro Morais <pm...@rnl.ist.utl.pt> on 2001/10/10 14:31:21 UTC

war auto-deploy: how to turn off

Hi!
AFAIK there's no way to turn off application autodeployment.
There's a case when it would be nice to:

- Host with only one war mapped to /

      <Host name="localhost" appBase="" unpackWARs="false">
        <Context path="" docBase="cutgest-admin.war" workDir="adm"/>
      </Host>

With auto deploy you end up with the app mapped once at / and
one other time at /cutgest-admin/ (auto deployment).

Workaround:
put the war in a subdirectory of appbase
      <Host name="localhost" appBase="" unpackWARs="false">
        <Context path="" docBase="web/cutgest-admin.war" workDir="adm"/>
      </Host>

Works, but I guess it's a but anyway.

Thanks.

				Pedro Morais

Re: war auto-deploy: how to turn off

Posted by Pedro Morais <pm...@rnl.ist.utl.pt>.
Em Quarta, 10 de Outubro de 2001 16:56, escreveste:
> On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, Pedro Morais wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:31:21 +0100
> > From: Pedro Morais <pm...@rnl.ist.utl.pt>
> > To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> > Subject: war auto-deploy: how to turn off
> >
> > Hi!
> > AFAIK there's no way to turn off application autodeployment.
> > There's a case when it would be nice to:
> >
> > - Host with only one war mapped to /
> >
> >       <Host name="localhost" appBase="" unpackWARs="false">
> >         <Context path="" docBase="cutgest-admin.war" workDir="adm"/>
> >       </Host>
> >
> > With auto deploy you end up with the app mapped once at / and
> > one other time at /cutgest-admin/ (auto deployment).
> >
> > Workaround:
> > put the war in a subdirectory of appbase
> >       <Host name="localhost" appBase="" unpackWARs="false">
> >         <Context path="" docBase="web/cutgest-admin.war" workDir="adm"/>
> >       </Host>

OK, but i'd still like to use relative paths.
This is what I'd like to write in my server.xml:

     <Host name="localhost" appBase="" autoDeploy="false" unpackWARs="false">
        <Context path="" docBase="cutgest-admin.war" workDir="adm"/>
     </Host>

No path workaround, just turn off the auto deployment.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, Pedro Morais wrote:

> Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:31:21 +0100
> From: Pedro Morais <pm...@rnl.ist.utl.pt>
> To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: war auto-deploy: how to turn off
>
> Hi!
> AFAIK there's no way to turn off application autodeployment.
> There's a case when it would be nice to:
>
> - Host with only one war mapped to /
>
>       <Host name="localhost" appBase="" unpackWARs="false">
>         <Context path="" docBase="cutgest-admin.war" workDir="adm"/>
>       </Host>
>
> With auto deploy you end up with the app mapped once at / and
> one other time at /cutgest-admin/ (auto deployment).
>
> Workaround:
> put the war in a subdirectory of appbase
>       <Host name="localhost" appBase="" unpackWARs="false">
>         <Context path="" docBase="web/cutgest-admin.war" workDir="adm"/>
>       </Host>

Or anywhere you like if you use an *absolute* path rather than a
*relative* path for appBase.  Same thing works for docBase in a <Context>.

> Works, but I guess it's a but anyway.
>
> Thanks.
>
> 				Pedro Morais

Craig