Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Bartim Uyghur <ba...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/13 10:40:23 UTC

James runing very very very slow on Win2003

  Dear group,
        sorry to send u this message cuz i've meet  a question,very hard question to deal with.
        well,i use James as the mail system for the company ,and i install James on Win2003 Server ,this sucks. It's very slow to get mail from James when the james is runing. But it's done perfect in WinXP,just couldn't able to run normally on Win2003.
        I doute there's something wrong with My OS,but it's not . I 've tried to reinstall Win2003 for james,but it still the problem,very SLOW on Win2003,VERY.....really,i now need ur help.
        is there something wrong with my OS or just James couldn't run FAST on Win2003? please ,i need ur help now.
    Thank u very much for helping.

Bartim Uyghur, BartimUyghur@gmail.com
2008-10-13

Re: James runing very very very slow on Win2003

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Bartim Uyghur ha scritto:
>   Dear group,
>         sorry to send u this message cuz i've meet  a question,very hard question to deal with.
>         well,i use James as the mail system for the company ,and i install James on Win2003 Server ,this sucks. It's very slow to get mail from James when the james is runing. But it's done perfect in WinXP,just couldn't able to run normally on Win2003.
>         I doute there's something wrong with My OS,but it's not . I 've tried to reinstall Win2003 for james,but it still the problem,very SLOW on Win2003,VERY.....really,i now need ur help.
>         is there something wrong with my OS or just James couldn't run FAST on Win2003? please ,i need ur help now.
>     Thank u very much for helping.

It's not clear what is "slow".
Does "It's very slow to get mail from James" means that reading from
POP3 is slow?

Is the slow part the connection or also the single message retrieval?
Is it the transfer of the message? The listing of new messages?

I don't have any clue of your issue so if you provide more detailed
description of what you see it would help.

You could try with a manual telnet session to port 110 to better see
what is happening.

telnet jameshost 110
> USER username
> PASS pass
> LIST
> RETR 1
> QUIT

understanding in what of the commands above is the bottleneck is important.

Stefano