Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by raghuram <ra...@jalvamedia.com> on 2002/05/10 15:00:20 UTC

Controller page implementation

Hi,

I  want to have a controller servlet or  jsp which should be the point of
entry for my application.  This page does generic authentication and then
transfers control to the requested  URL

eg.. when the user  wants to view xyz.jsp the  request should   first  come
to  controller.jsp which does some operations and forwards the request  to
xyz.jsp

Is  there  a way to do  it in Turbine. I was  wondering if  there were  any
properties that we need to set which  would ensure that the Turbine servlet
transfers control to  controller.jsp always.

Thanks
raghu

RE: Controller page implementation

Posted by Kurt Schrader <ks...@engin.umich.edu>.
Look at the SecureScreen in the TDK for an example of how we control
access to pages.  Turbine has authentication built in.

-Kurt

Posted by raghuram <ra...@jalvamedia.com>.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by Kurt Schrader <ks...@engin.umich.edu>.

Posted by Gareth Coltman <ga...@majorband.co.uk>.
This is kinda pointless as this is exactly what the Turbine servlet does
already. You should implement a session validator to carry out generic
security.