Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by am am <ak...@yahoo.com> on 2010/11/03 20:36:04 UTC

WSDL defines I/O mep but how is all types of responses handled?

Hi,

If a web service defines in the WSDL an operation with input/output message
exchange pattern (all elements optional for response object type), if the web
service returns a 202 Accepted, is this handled by the framework silently, or an
exception will be raised? I would expect a null pointer to be returned to the
calling code. Is this the case?

Thanks!

Re: WSDL defines I/O mep but how is all types of responses handled?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday 03 November 2010 3:36:04 pm am am wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If a web service defines in the WSDL an operation with input/output message
> exchange pattern (all elements optional for response object type), if the
> web service returns a 202 Accepted, is this handled by the framework
> silently, or an exception will be raised? I would expect a null pointer to
> be returned to the calling code. Is this the case?
>
> Thanks!

Well, I wouldn't expect an NPE.   I WOULD expect some sort of
WebServiceException or other exception related to not being able to parse the
non-existent XML.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org