Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Chris <ch...@cjx.com> on 2000/12/11 12:58:13 UTC

Upgraded to perl 5.6.0, ImageMagick now gives boot_libapreq error

I have just done a complete install of RedHat v7.0 which includes
Perl 5.6.0. Image Magick was running fine on my old system, but now
when I attempt to install it, it gives the following error message
when attempting to do the PerlMagick install:

./perlmain.o: In function: 'xs_init' :
./perlmain.o(.text+0xc1): undefined reference to  'boot_libapreq'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I have:

Apache 1.3.14
ModPerl 1.24
ImageMagick 5.2.6

If I remove the lines from perlmain.c that talk about boot_libapreq,
then PerlMagic compiles and installs fine, and works from standard
perl scripts, but does not work called from a mod perl handler - hence
the post to this list.

I'd be most grateful if anybody could help!

Chris Allen
chris@cjx.com