Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/26 17:59:12 UTC

VOTE: Release apache-solr-ref-guide-4.7.pdf (RC1)

I generated a new release candidate for the Solr Reference Guide. This
fixes the page numbering problem and a few other minor edits folks made
yesterday after I generated RC0.

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/solr/ref-guide/apache-solr-ref-guide-4.7-RC1/

+1 from me.

Cassandra

RE: VOTE: Release apache-solr-ref-guide-4.7.pdf (RC1)

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,

I did not read the whole guide, but the SHA1 and signature are correct. I checked the documentation index and searched for outdated version numbers, looks like nothing is seriously broken.

+1 to release.

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/solr/ref-guide/apache-solr-ref-guide-4.7-RC1/

+1...

bd11b47b8994c40314d1e62c853dc90f5b78e049  apache-solr-ref-guide-4.7.pdf

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/

Re: VOTE: Release apache-solr-ref-guide-4.7.pdf (RC1)

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

- Mark

http://about.me/markrmiller

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>.
Great, thanks everyone. This vote passed. I'll work on getting it up on the
mirrors this morning.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

<ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I generated a new release candidate for the Solr Reference Guide. This fixes
> the page numbering problem and a few other minor edits folks made yesterday
> after I generated RC0.
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/solr/ref-guide/apache-solr-ref-guide-4.7-RC1/
>
> +1 from me.
>
> Cassandra

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: VOTE: Release apache-solr-ref-guide-4.7.pdf (RC1)

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
I posted some problematic pages exported to PDF using the revised CSS on SOLR-5753 - looks better to me.

Nevertheless, I vote +1 for the RC1 Solr Reference Guide.

The issues I brought up are cosmetic ones, and will be addressed in the next version.  Let’s get it out the door!

Steve

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
I regularized the preformatted blocks, so that none now have an extra blank line at the top - for some reason, all of the boxes on about half of the cwiki pages had this issue, but the other half didn’t.  (I had to edit the source format to achieve this, and even there I couldn’t see a difference between preformatted boxes with an extra leading blank line and those without - must have been some invisible whitespace, not sure what.)

Once I’d done that, the content still wasn’t vertically centered, so I edited the Solr space’s export PDF stylesheet and got rid of the negative margin-top thing I’d put in place for a previous release, which didn’t appear to be having any effect anymore, and instead overrode the default CSS to adjust the padding on preformatted blocks and their containing div-s.  Content in preformatted blocks now appears to be vertically centered, with no extra vertical space.

I also tried to apply “page-break-inside: avoid” in several places to see if it would help with the few poorly distributed multi-page preformatted boxes, but it didn’t seem to help.

I noticed that a couple of “Topics covered in this section” boxes are too narrow to allow their content to be legible - the ones on pages 251 and 300 look really bad, and some others are only marginally legible.

I don’t know if these issues are worthy of respin - I didn’t address the latter one.

Steve

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
+1

Nag: Re: VOTE: Release apache-solr-ref-guide-4.7.pdf (RC1)

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
FWIW: It's been well over 72 hours, but so far we've only gotten 2
binding +1 votes for RC1 from PMC members (there was an additional non
binding +1 from cassandra, but no 0, or -1 votes)

PMC members: please review RC1 and cast your vote.

: Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 10:59:12 -0600
: From: Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>
: To: dev@lucene.apache.org
: