Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Christian Mielke <cm...@nc-ag.de> on 2008/03/05 10:51:32 UTC

Error when securing custom service fault

Hi,

sorry when I have so many problems which I tell you here on the mailing list. My current problem is securing a custom service fault. The problem occurs when RAMPART calls the parser to parse the SOAP-envelope of the outgoing service response which contains the service fault.

First I have to say that the error only occurs when using SOAP 1.1 and with SOAP 1.2 everything works fine.
The SOAP 1.1 standard defines an element called <faultcode>. When the parser has finished parsing this element inside the envelope, the next element is <faultcode /> element, means an empty faultcode element, which lead to the exception "Only characters are allowed here".

I tried it with the releasded AXIOM 2.5.2 libraries and also with the latest versions of the AXIOM-trunk. Always the same error.

Probably this isn't really a RAMPART problem but more an AXIOM-problem, is it? Are similar errors known?

Greetings
Christian

Re: Error when securing custom service fault

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,
          yes, this is a known issue and this has to fixed in the
AXIOM. SOAP 1.2 everything works fine and in SOAP 1.1 security faults
( invalid security in the incoming message ) works fine. But service
faults doesn't work because of this issue in AXIOM.

regards,
nandana

--
Nandana Mihindukulasooriya