Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by "Mehmet D. AKIN" <md...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/29 13:17:04 UTC

Some questions (slf4j , how to reduce thread count, accessing session IP address)

Hi, I have three questions (Using mina 1.1 pre release snapshot)

1. I failed to find a single slf4j jar file in sl4j1.1 distribution to
satisfy mina's dependencies. I had to include both slf4j-api and
slf4j-nop jars to run tests. Is there a single slf4j jar to run mina?

2. As far as I see, MINA automatically creates 16 threads as more than
one client tries to access to server. Is there a way to reduce this
thread count.. to like 1 or 2 ? I could do this in an old version but
API seems to be changed.

3. I want to access the connected clients IP address from session
info. again I could do this, but not anymore :) What I want to do is
to allow "only local connections" so I will check the address on
connection request. There is a blacklist filter for such purposes but,
I guess a whitelist filter approach is needed in this situation (allow
this, deny all others).

I browsed the documentations but either I couldnt see the answers or
API's are changed since the documentation is written.

regards

Mehmet

Re: Some questions (slf4j , how to reduce thread count, accessing session IP address)

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.
As far as #1 goes, http://www.slf4j.org/download.html.
The rest, I can look in to, but am sure some smarter person on this list
will beat me to the answer.

--
..Cheers
Mark