Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/26 15:47:08 UTC

Re: Horizontally scaling JMS listener/consumer application.....in Active MQ environment

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:28 PM, G1 <jn...@ibibo.com> wrote:

> if I can have 2 consumer's on a queue (say A and B) and the message is
> gauranteed to be delivered to only one of
> ..... does the AMQ broker decide which one
> ..... can I as the AMQ user (publisher) control which consumer shud receive
> (in effect achieve a load balance)

In addition to the prefetch, there are options to make a consumer exclusive:

http://activemq.apache.org/exclusive-consumer.html

You can also configure consumers to use a weighted priority:

http://activemq.apache.org/consumer-priority.html

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/