Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2006/08/23 06:11:07 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Release Plan .NET Antlib

Hi all,

I propose the following plan, please comment.

* copy all classes from Ant core's ..../taskdefs/optional/dotnet to
  the .NET Antlib, in particular put into .../ant/dotnet/compile

  I'm not 100% sure that "compile" is the right place for <ildasm> and
  <importtypelib>.

* Add deprecation warnings to the .NET tasks in Ant core.

* move the <wix> task into a new subdirectory WiX - I'm working on
  additional WiX support but it isn't finished and won't be until we
  make a release.

* move the <nant> and <msbuild> tasks to a new subdirectory build.

* find anybody who'd beautify the docs - not strictly necessary for a
  beta release.

* release a first beta by the end of August (can't plan my next week
  in detail right now, sorry).

Stefan

Re: [PROPOSAL] Release Plan .NET Antlib

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I propose the following plan, please comment.
>
> * copy all classes from Ant core's ..../taskdefs/optional/dotnet to
>   the .NET Antlib, in particular put into .../ant/dotnet/compile

+1

>   I'm not 100% sure that "compile" is the right place for <ildasm> and
>   <importtypelib>.

yeah, stick them in misc

> * Add deprecation warnings to the .NET tasks in Ant core.

+1. Include a URL

> * move the <wix> task into a new subdirectory WiX - I'm working on
>   additional WiX support but it isn't finished and won't be until we
>   make a release.

+1

> * move the <nant> and <msbuild> tasks to a new subdirectory build.

+1

> * find anybody who'd beautify the docs - not strictly necessary for a
>   beta release.

I want more automated doc generation.

> * release a first beta by the end of August (can't plan my next week
>   in detail right now, sorry).

+0. Your choice.