Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org> on 2019/02/03 01:37:15 UTC

Issues with EPS is this a printer related or more filter related?

Hello all,

As you know I  sort and Order Issues we have in our databes in order to
get a better feeling where to plan changes in the code.

I do not know how to deal with Issues around the EPS Export. Is this
more a Filter issue or is this more in terms of Printing? What would you
say? Or some other connect?

Thanks for any insights.

All the best

Peter

Re: Issues with EPS is this a printer related or more filter related?

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

> On Feb 5, 2019, at 3:26 PM, Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:
>
> Am 03.02.19 um 02:37 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> As you know I  sort and Order Issues we have in our databes in order to
>> get a better feeling where to plan changes in the code.
>> I do not know how to deal with Issues around the EPS Export. Is this
>> more a Filter issue or is this more in terms of Printing? What would you
>> say? Or some other connect?
>
> it's a file format that describes data in a graphical way. A modern format today is PDF.
>
> In OpenOffice Impress and Draw you can export a file into the EPS file format.
>
> Of course you can give an EPS file to a printer or printer shop. But you can do this also with other file formats.

EPS files are Encapsulated Postscript files which have been supplanted by SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) and PDF (Portable Document Format.) It is very much similar to a Postscript file for printing with the differences related to bounding box and preview images in EPS vs. Page flow control in Postscript files.

I did a lot of work producing EPS for pages (in Fortran) and then scripting the collation of these into Postscript print files which were either printed or “distilled” into a PDF. (PDF is a essentially a limited dialect of Postscript.)

What are the bugs that are happening with EPS?

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.