Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alessandro Bottoni <Al...@think3.com> on 2000/05/10 15:41:53 UTC

Cocoon and Content Management Systems

I'm looking at Cocoon for the first time, trying to understand if it could
be used in my production environment, and I still have a lot of unanswered
questions, for instance:

Could I use Cocoon together with a content management system (Like POET,
e.g.)?
Is the CMS superfluous when you use Cocoon?
How could I load XML fragments from the database into my XML pages (before
the final rendering)?
Is there any Open Source Content Management System compatible with Cocoon?

(I know of two Open Source Projects aimed to CMS:
OpenCORA: http://www.opencora.org/
OpenCMS: http://194.8.217.226/servlets/mht/ )

Thanks in advance.

Alessandro Bottoni (Alessandro.Bottoni@Think3.com)
Web Programmer @ Think3 inc. (www.think3.com)
I do not speak for think3 and they return the favour