Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Tom Wagner <tw...@snarkboojum.com> on 2016/05/11 18:58:22 UTC

RFI: 3.1.1 Documentation Laundry List

TWIM,

The most complete OM Documentation I've been able to find is the issue
for 2.x on the Wiki.  But, there are some puzzling new additions to the
Admin UI in 3.x, and some ambiguities for me that my thrashing about in
the underbrush of the Wiki and JIRA has not resolved.

I'm hoping this list can shed some light for me on the following:

 1. Administration / Users / *Rights*: can someone provide a detailed
    description of the permissions granted and functionality/UI enabled
    by the pull-down items.   Sorry, but these are not self-explanatory
    to me, particularly the "Room" permission.
     1. Admin
     2. Room
     4. Dashboard
     5. Soap
 2. Administration / Conference Rooms:
     1. *Appointment Room* Checkbox: Checking this has the
        counter-intuitive (for me) result of removing the Room from the
        pull-down assignment in the Calendaring UI.  What is an
        'Appointment Room' and how does toggling it modify the
        functionality of the 3 basic room types?
     2. *Allow Recording* Checkbox: does this block /all/ recording of
        the room activity, or just recording by the participants?  It
        would be valuable to block participants, yet allow the
        originator/moderator to record.
     3. *Wait for Recording* Checkbox: completely unclear on what this
        means. ??
 3. Administration / Configuration:
     1. *number.minutes.reminder.send* setting: the intentions seems
        quite clear with respect to calendared meetings, but it only
        appears to work for the Originator of the calendar event.
        Participants do get an initial notice email, but the reminder
        only seems to go out to the originator.  This may be a bug, or
        might it be be affected by the User Rights assigned to the
        participants vs. the rights of the Originator??  I've been
        playing with adjusting the participant rights, but I'm not sure
        (see Question 1 above) what rights I am giving participants in
        order to possibly enable the reminders....of if this is even a
        factor.

Thanks for any response.  I will continue to poke at item 3a, and
possibly generate a bug report if I can't get the reminders to work
reliably for me as this seems like key functionality in the Calendaring
feature.

If there is a 3.x copy of the User/Admin documentation out there that I
have missed, please accept my apologies and point me to it SVP.

Best,
         Tom Wagner, Jackson Orthopaedic Foundation IT

Re: RFI: 3.1.1 Documentation Laundry List

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reporting :)
One issue is resolved, hopefully will be able to check other one :)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: RFI: 3.1.1 Documentation Laundry List

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: RFI: 3.1.1 Documentation Laundry List

Posted by Tom Wagner <tw...@snarkboojum.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Will answer inline :)