Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jeff Barrett <ba...@us.ibm.com> on 2007/07/17 19:54:32 UTC

[Axis2] Proposal: changes for mustUnderstand checks in 1.3

Hi All,

After a long chat with Glen and Dims on IRC, I am reverting the changes to
rev 556761.  I am working on an iterim solution that will (hopefully) pass
compliance tests and is entirely contained within the jaxws module.
Basically I will add a JAXWS-specific handler that can be added to
axis2.xml which will mark the appropriate headers as processed so they
make it through the engine's mustUnderstand check.  This is needed to pass
compliance tests, and since this is all contained within JAXWS, I don't
anticipate it will be a problem with regard to adding it in 1.3.

I think the only change in the kernel is that currently the mustUnderstand
checks are only done on the server side; I think this is a bug in the
engine.  These checks need to be done on the client side as well, so in
AxisEngine, the calls to checkMustUnderstand() will be moved outside of
the isServerSide() call. I brought this up on IRC just now, and there were
no objections.  Just wanted to make sure nobody had an issue with that
change to AxisEngine.  I'll make the change as part of the addition of the
JAXWS-specific handler described above.

Thanks,
Jeff

IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
Phone: 512-838-4587 or Tie Line 678-4587
Internet e-mail and Sametime ID: barrettj@us.ibm.com