Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/19 20:57:10 UTC

svn: Can't move source to dest on Windows

SVN checkout on Windows is failing for me becuase recently a file was
renamed to have ":" in the name. That's not supported on Windows. Can
we change this back?

Here's the change:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/geronimo/server/trunk/assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/underlay/etc/rc.d/

Here's the error I'm seeing:

svn: In directory
'assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/underlay/etc/rc.d'
svn: Can't move source to dest
svn: Can't move
'assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/underlay/etc/rc.d/.svn/tmp/prop-base/geronimo-commands:start-server,default.groovy.svn-base'
to 'assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/underlay/etc/rc.d/.svn/prop-base/geronimo-commands:start-server,default.groovy.svn-base':
No such file or directory

Jarek

Re: svn: Can't move source to dest on Windows

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Kevan, I'm just grateful to be able to "svn update" again and build trunk....

Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Nov 20, 2007, at 1:48 PM, Hernan Cunico wrote:
>
>> yeah, the comma is also a problem.
>>
>> Cheers!
>> Hernan
>>
>> Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:
>>> There is also a comma in the filename!!  Should that be got rid of too?
>>> ++Vamsi
>>> On Nov 20, 2007 1:27 AM, Jarek Gawor <jgawor@gmail.com
>>> <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>    SVN checkout on Windows is failing for me becuase recently a file was
>>>    renamed to have ":" in the name. That's not supported on Windows. Can
>>>    we change this back?
>>>    Here's the change:
>>>
>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/geronimo/server/trunk/assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/underlay/etc/rc.d/
>>>

>>> <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/geronimo/server/trunk/assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/underlay/etc/rc.d/>
>>>
>>>    Here's the error I'm seeing:
>>>    svn: In directory
>>>    'assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/underlay/etc/rc.d'
>>>    svn: Can't move source to dest
>>>    svn: Can't move
>>>
>>> 'assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/underlay/etc/rc.d/.svn/tmp/prop-base/geronimo-commands:start-server,
>>>
>>>    default.groovy.svn-base'
>>>
>>> 'assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/underlay/etc/rc.d/.svn/prop-base/geronimo-commands:start-server,default.groovy.svn-base':
>>>
>>>    No such file or directory
>>>    Jarek
>
> OK. I've svn mv'ed the file to a filename format that won't break
> windows users, but won't work also. At least Windows users can svn co/up
> our source, now.
>
> Gianny or Jason,
> Something that one of you can resolve?
>
> Here's what I did:
>
> svn ci --message "temporary hack. : and , are not supported by windows
> in a filename. so windows users aren't able to checkout code. Need a
> more portable filename solution"
> Deleting       rc.d/geronimo-commands:start-server,default.groovy
> Adding         rc.d/geronimo-commandsCOLONstart-serverCOMMAdefault.groovy
>
> Committed revision 597170.
>
> --kevan

Tim McConnell

Re: svn: Can't move source to dest on Windows

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Kevan,
can checkout content again, though found out the comma is actually accepted (I guess I need a bigger keyboard ;-)  )

Cheers!
Hernan

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Kevan,